TUMS were created in 1928 by pharmacist James Howe for his wife. Once they took a sea voyage and several people on board ended up trying the medicine created for Mrs. Howe. It has been popular ever since.
“This historic building is one of the last manufacturing sites in downtown St. Louis. Its history goes back to 1905 when the A.H. Lewis Medical Company began manufacturing a product called Nature’s Remedy. The facility expanded its operations to include the manufacturing of TUMS antacid in 1930. Today, this site is proud to continue manufacturing TUMS.”